Updated: Feb 22, 2021
I am Manvi Kaushal, a Nutrition and Wellness Health Coach. I lost 32 kgs on my weight-loss journey before I started working with others to help them on their journey.
Today I am sharing 5 Morning drinks, which I also call my magic drinks ;) that really helped me with weight loss during my weight-loss journey!
We all at one point of time have had some kind of fitness goal. Haven't we?
And when you are going that extra mile to get back in shape, every bit counts. From consuming a well-balanced diet to sticking to the workout regime. Losing weight is definitely not easy. Today I am going to share 5 morning drinks that I totally vouch for and really helped me in my weight loss journey -
1. Lemon - Cinnamon Water - Lemons and cinnamon combination helps boost your metabolism which directly helps you in weight loss. Cinnamon targets the abdominal fat on your body more than other areas. Lemons also have the effect of making you feel fuller for a longer time. When you are able to have this feeling for a longer time, your cravings will start to diminish. Cinnamon is also known to control sugar levels and help deposit less of fat inside the body and thus helping in losing weight.
How to have - So squeeze one whole lemon and add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to water, bring it to boil and have it first thing in the morning.
2. ACV - The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar is known to reduce belly fat and further suppress body fat build up. Overall, apple cider vinegar may contribute to weight loss by promoting satiety, lowering blood sugar, and reducing insulin levels. Studies have also suggested that apple cider vinegar can help control blood sugar, lower cholesterol and improve heart health.
How to have - ACV doesn't suit everyone so start with 1/2 tsp. ACV in 1 whole glass of luke warm water, gradually increase the consumption to 1-2 tsp. Organic brands are better when it comes to ACV.
3. Dhania Seeds water with Black pepper - Coriander seeds are marvellous for all your intestinal issues such as bloating, gastric, diarrhoea, nausea and many others. Coriander stimulates digestive enzymes and juices, which are known to enhance our digestive system. They are a good source of fibre too. A good digestive system is key to weight loss. Bad digestion can lead to weight gain, as we are not able to absorb and assimilate our nutrients properly; moreover, it may not be able to eliminate waste from our body efficiently either. This may lead to slowing down of the metabolic rate, which makes it more difficult to burn calories properly. Black pepper contains piperine, which is a compound that improves digestion and metabolic performance, thus reducing fat accumulation in our body.
How to have - Bring 1 tsp. of dhania seeds and a pinch of black pepper to boil and have it first thing in the morning.
4. Methi Dana Seeds - Methi dana is hot in nature and therefore is used in very small quantities while cooking and even while preparing herbal remedies. Consuming fenugreek water the first thing in the morning is excellent for boosting metabolism. Its consumption generates heat in the body and help in managing and losing weight.
How to have - A teaspoon of seeds are enough to be soaked in a cup of water. You can warm the water before having it on an empty stomach.
5. Amla - Amla juice has a definitive alkaline nature that helps in strengthening the digestive system by turning the calories in foods that we eat into energy, thus improving metabolism of the body. The faster your metabolic rate is the easier it becomes for your body to reach at it ideal healthy weight.
How to have - Add 2 tsp. of amla juice in a glass of lukewarm water and have it every day for next 10 days in the morning on an empty stomach.
So these are my personal favourites to consumer first thing in morning for weight-loss. Try any one drink for at-least 10 days to 2 weeks to see its benefits. Then change your morning drink to bring a change in your routine. Do try these and let me know how it goes. If you have any doubts and want more information on this, you can reach out to me on Instagram @getfitwithmanvi
Keep fit and stay safe till the next time :)