When it comes to weight-loss people look for quick fixes such as fad diets and supplements, but always underestimate the power of eating right.
When I started my weight-loss journey, I was surprised by the tons of products in the market that claim to help you lose weight. Some of these products I did try (and trust me they were just a waste of money), but over the past few years I have built a firm belief that these expensive, good to look at products (trust me it is all a marketing gimmick), don't really help you in losing weight, but just make you believe that they are helping you shed those extra kilos.
I don't like the concept of taking chemicals to boost your progress. The pace you are going at defines your journey and is just fine.
But during my journey of weight-loss I did come across some miraculous kitchen ingredients that helped me achieve my weight-loss goal and build a healthy lifestyle at the same time. Let me share these simple yet super effective kitchen ingredients (घर के नुस्खे ) which I totally vouch for -
1. Apple cider vinegar - This magic elixir I added to my daily routine when I had hit a weight- loss plateau. I would usually mix ½ - 1 tsp. ACV with lukewarm water and have it 15 minutes before my meals.
ACV has acetic acid which is known to reduce storage of fat, improve metabolism, reduce appetite and aid in fat burning. ACV is also known to improve your blood sugar level, i. increase energy levels, boost immunity and reduce body inflammation.
2. Cinnamon - A spice known for ages to help you in losing weight. Have cinnamon tea post lunch. Just add a pinch to ½ tsp. cinnamon powder to water and bring to boil and keep sipping on this magic potion. You can also start by adding cinnamon to your coffee instead of sugar or simply adding it to your salads.
Cinnamon is known to help you lose visceral fat (fat stored in abdominal cavity) which aids in weight loss. Obesity slows down your metabolism and cinnamon helps boost your metabolism. Also the anti inflammatory properties of cinnamon make it an ideal spice to consume while building a healthy lifestyle.
3. Black Pepper - Foods that are naturally hot (have a hot effect on the body) are known to speed by the metabolism system in the body. Black pepper contains piperine, a compound that enhances metabolic performance and suppresses fat accumulation in the body. Black pepper tea works very well in managing obesity. It also helps strengthen immunity and fights against infections too.
The best way to have black pepper is to chew it directly. But many people find this difficult because of the spicy flavour of black pepper. The 2nd best option that I found was to have black pepper tea. Just add ½ - 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper to water and bring to boil.
4. Ginger - Ginger contains compounds called shogaols and gingerols. These two compounds stimulate biological activities when consumed. The antioxidant properties of ginger fight the free radical and thus prevents inflammation. Ginger also helps you feel fuller for a longer time. Gingerols in ginger also stabilize blood sugar levels.
The easiest way to have ginger is to grate it and add to your water or mix it with lemon which also gives your metabolism a great boost.
5. Dhania Seeds - Adding Coriander seeds to my daily routine helped me big time. They are known for boosting body metabolism and reducing water retention caused in the body. Also they reduce the inflammation caused in the body by obesity. I started having dhania seeds tea first thing in the morning (soaked overnight). Also dhania seeds tea works really well. Just addl ½ tsp. Dhania seeds to water and bring it to a boil. Add some lemon and enjoy your tea :)
So if you working towards losing weight or building a healthy lifestyle add these wonder ingredients to your daily lifestyle and in no time you will notice some amazing changes with your body.
Bring in change and building a healthy lifestyle takes time. It takes consistency for working towards your goal. But what matters is that you don't give up!
Incase you have any queries reach out to me and I will be happy to help :)